Friday, February 11, 2011

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree...

Thank heavens, cause this apple NEEDS it's tree.
But what about oranges? And is it possible that apples and oranges can come from the SAME tree? Must be, because I find that me and some of my siblings are as different as apples and oranges. Good thing I love oranges.
I fell from an apple tree, thus I am an apple who loves the tree in whence it came. It was a good tree that offered unconditional love, protection,laughter,and wonderful life lessons. My tree probably would have allowed me to stay nestled in it's warm loving branches forever. But it knew what was best for me and when I got restless it allowed me to break free. When I did,I fell hard.Caused myself many a bruises. Invited unsavory worms that should never have been allowed in,they left permanent little teeth marks. I am sure my tree wanted to swat what was once my LITTLE apple bottom with one of it's switches.But my tree has never left my side. It offers a safe shady haven, and helps shield me from life's unpredictable storms. Without it I wouldn't have weathered so well. In fact I would have been pelted to death. I look up to it everyday. And although some of you may think I must have fallen from a nut tree, especially after reading this post. I assure you it is a strong beautiful perfect apple tree. I hope to plant the seeds that it planted so lovingly in my core inside my own little apples, so that when they fall,it won't be too far from their tree. Because I LOVE THEM APPLES, even if at times they do turn this apple into a nut.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Good thing u married a pear... Too many apples is no good for your tummy:)

Janna said...

Love your Blog, Love your playlist and Love you!

Evie said...

Thank you Janna, and I love and miss YOU!