Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Something's missing from that hand...Oh ya, Diet Coke!

I QUIT! I am Diet Coke free. Been 5 days.I think the blood has finally replaced the Diet Coke running through my veins, somehow I still live and breath! The headaches have finally stopped.(well at least the ones caused by lack of caffeine,the ones brought on by my children are still frequent)but alas I will happily never be children free. And I hear that soon I will be able to hold my hand out flat again, after it gets used to not having a Diet Coke in it's grip.;)
Benefits of quitting? For one,there should be a lot more money in the bank due to the fact I am not spending it all on Diet Coke. But the biggest benefit I have noticed is that I can fall asleep at night.
Usually I battle with insomnia, and before now I struggled to fall asleep before about 1:00 am.Since I quit, I have been falling asleep FAST and EARLY, the other night I was sound asleep by 9:45. That may not seem significant to you, but believe me, I haven't been asleep that early since I was about 9. Falling asleep before Kevin means falling asleep before the symphony of snoring begins!! These early nights have meant happy rested early mornings, and it makes me feel good about my decision to quit.
I have been drinking one or two cans of Fresca a day,I have discovered it is such a refreshing, delightful little beverage.Soon I want to quit soda all together.It has been a bit embarrassing pulling out cans of Fresca's when we go out to eat, and the empty cans in my purse afterward make me feel a bit like a bag lady, especially when they clank together.
I have also been introduced to water. I have been drinking it, A LOT of it. The constant need to relieve myself does get annoying,and come to think of it, the money I was saving by not purchasing DC probably just goes to using more toilet paper, so,I guess the money is actually being flushed down the toilet!.I keep having dreams that I am going, when I wake up I have to run to the b-room just to make it on time. Admit-tingly sometimes when I am DREAMING I am going,I wake up and I am ACTUALLY going. Sorry Kevin. Sorry mattress.
Overall I feel very proud of myself. If I can do this, I can do anything. So I quit sugar as well. I am down 8 lbs! People are always telling me not to be a quitter. But quitter I am, and it feels GREAT! SO I say QUIT people QUIT, give something up today,YOU CAN DO IT! I don't mean to sound ungrateful to Diet Coke, we have shared many memories, and I will never forget the happiness it brought into my life.

4 comments:

Marrdy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marrdy said...

Oh Eve..you are my hero. Giving up Diet Coke and sugar at once is awesome. Keep it up! You're the best!

Cherish said...

You rock, Eve dear!

Here And Happy! said...

Keep collecting those rewards Eve. If you can quit like that, you deserve it!