Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wanderlust


I am restless, I feel like a caged monkey hanging in a tree that can see banana's but they are just out of my reach. Actually since giving up sugar I feel more like a fat kid in a cage in the middle of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory surrounded by oompa loompa's waving chocolate bars in my face and I can't grab them because my chubby arms won't fit through the bars.
Back to why I am feeling caged and restless. I guess it is because we have been given a few glimpses of spring. I know it is coming, but it just can't get here fast enough.
I have diagnosed myself with cabin fever. I think there is an epidemic going around.
But it goes beyond craving warm weather.(and chocolate) I want to GO someplace. Be SOMEWHERE else. See something new. I would be willing to get on an airplane even with my new found fear of flying. I have never had this phobia, I have flown here and there, and everywhere. Now suddenly out of no where I have this irrational fear of flying? Perhaps I have seen one too many movies this winter. Snakes on a Plane? Alive? But like I said, I would still be willing to get on one so I could cure this wanderlust I am feeling.
I can see myself surrounded by lush green rolling hills, I am spinning in circles with my arms thrown high in the air above my head and I am singing a song about hills being alive by the sound of my music.(again, one too many movies)In fact I need to scratch that, the hills being alive part, hills with eyes, not one of my favorite things.
Instead I envision myself on a giant ship. Out on the beautiful sea. Standing on the bow of the ship with my arms spread wide like I am flying, wind blowing through my perfect locks. Kevin standing behind me holding me close and shouting 'I am King of the World!'Umm, for some reason that just gives me a SINKING feeling.
Ok, I am lying on a beach watching Kevin paddling out in the water on a surf board hoping to catch the next big one. Wait, what is that I see coming up behind him? A gigantic fin. Dun dun...dun dun da na na! 'Get out of the water!' if only he had heard the dun dun's sooner....
Movies might be the safer option. But as soon as I get the chance, I AM OUTTA HERE. I am thinking Greece with my honey honey. Mamma Mia! That does sound fantastic doesn't it! I hope when I tell Kevin where I want to go he doesn't say 'Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.'
I really do need to get off the couch, out of the theaters, and outside! HURRY UP SPRING!

1 comment:

Kev said...

Sounds wonderful! Now dream us up a pot o gold and we'll be on our way... I'm thinking Disney cruise should do it:) then we can live out jaws, titanic, snakes on a plane, and sounds of music all in one shot. Hope you're unsinkable eve and not the dumbest bikini clad blonde in the water!