Friday, March 4, 2011

I am the mother of people

Do any of you ever sit and think about how strange it is that you are mothers of real PEOPLE?
Even after 15 years of motherhood, it still weirds me out at times that there are people whom I am a mother to. Weirder still, those people once lived and grew inside my belly.Someday the people that I am a mother to will have their own little people. Then I will be a grandmother to people. People that wouldn't have ever existed if I hadn't had people. Then all those people will go out and find people to make more people with. That is a lot of people to be responsible for. Seems like only yesterday that I was living with the people my mother is a mother to. I would dream about the day when I would have my own people. I wondered what my people would look like, how many people I would have. So it shouldn't surprise me that I am the mother of people, but yet at times it still seems overwhelming and strange that there are people whom I am the mother to. Get what I am saying people?

A couple pictures of me mothering the cute people that I am "mother" to.
Hayden on his first day of kindergarten.
Playing with the kids in granpa's "magical backyard"

2 comments:

Tami said...

Eve~ I am glad you posted this, cuz I have thought the same thing. Just could never had put it into words like you:) I am glad your mom had people = you! Then you had people = you darling kiddos. And I am grateful to know all 'you people' & have 'you people' in my life! LUV YA!

Here And Happy! said...

I've thought about this too, especially since becoming that grandmother you mentioned--grandkids really are evidence that you were somehow a good mother--the fact that the people you made are willing to try and do what you did is a tribute. You'll love it when your grandkids get here (and it will be sooner than you think!) I like the way your mind works.